Tourist / Business / Transit.
Tourist (up to 6 months); Business (up to 2 years)
Processing period 3-4 working days.
India Visa Application
[click here] (Will open in separate window - read below for instructions)
The Indian High Commission have introduced an on-line visa form which must be completed by the applicant and signed. We have simplified the procedure as much as possible so just follow our easy steps.
1. In a separate web window access the [on line form] nominating the London Mission (**), you will need to scroll to the bottom of the India web page and select "Apply Online". You will need your passport and itinerary to hand as you do this. Please do not book the appointment just print the form. We will obtain the appointment and attend the embassy for you. ( Please ring our office if in doubt on 0207 459 4929 especially if the visa is required urgently).
(**) If applicant is from the UK, when selecting Nationality please select "UNITED KINGDOM" rather than any of the "UK BRITISH" options as this will result in your application being rejected by the Indian Embassy
2. Print off the Birch Visas Customer Request Form / Letter of Authorisation by from the download links and fill in both forms manually.
- Completed application form (signed),
- passport valid for at least 6 months.
- 2 identical photos which must be 5cm x 5cm ( 2 inch x 2inch) square, on a white background and show the applicant's shoulders. The photos must have been taken within the last 6 months.
- Business visa applicants need to present a letter from their employer stating the reason of the visit and an invitation from the company in India. Both the invite and company letter need to addressed to the India High Commission, Aldwych, London WC2.
- Cruise passengers must provide a copy of their itinerary.
- Certificate of incorporation of Indian Company - copy will be sufficient.
If you do not have the facility to complete the on-line form or are experiencing problems, please telephone the Birch Visas office on 020 7240 0554 or 020 7379 6418 for assistance and we will help you.