Business and Tourist
20 day service
4 day express service
A new fingerprinting procedure has been introduced. You must telephone Birch Visas on 020 7240 0554 so we can clarify requirement and support your application. This affects both Business and Tourist applicants
Online Russia Visa Application
[click here] (will open in a separate window, follow instructions below)
Passport holders of the following countries will need travel Insurance to cover their trip to Russia for all type of visas:
Israel, Ireland, all Schengen countries, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Hungary, Greece, Denmark, Iceland, Spain, Italy, Cyprus, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Germany, Finland, France, Czech Republic, Sweden, Switzerland, Estonia.
For Chinese passport holders, Insurance is required only for tourist visas:
- In a separate web window complete the [application form on line].
- 1 recent identical passport-size photo with applicant's name written clearly on the reverse.
- Valid passport.
- For EU Citizens with pre settled status - Applicants must have the document confirming pre settled status notarised and provide proof of address for the last 90 days in the UK.
- Applicants on UK Student visa - eligible to apply but additionally must provide letter from University or College confirming residence in the UK and length of studies.
- All applicants must have proof of negative PCR Covid test issued within 3 days of arrival in Russia. Failure to do so will result in denial of entry to aircraft.
- A voucher (exchange order) issued by an authorised travel company stating the reference number, passenger names, dates of entry and exit, itinerary and means of transportation.
- Return air ticket (copy acceptable).
- Medical insurance.
- An introductory letter from your company / organisation (or from yourself if you are self-employed) giving full details of the traveller, destinations, dates and purpose of the visit as well as stating the name of the inviting organisation, contact details of the responsible person in Russia and explaining who will take financial responsibility of the trip.
- An Invitation (a copy may be accepted for single /double applications) issued by General Directorate for Migration for the Ministry of Internal Affairs in Russia. The invitation must contain: official seal and legal address of the host institution, document registration number and date of registration, signature and name of the official authorised to invite foreigners to Russia, purpose of visit, dates of stay, names of persons invited. For a multiple entry visa you are required to submit the original invitation.
- A letter of invitation to be obtained on the applicant's behalf by friends or relatives in Russia from the local authorities.
- Valid for 1 year.
Birch Visas are able to organise invitations if required for business and tourist visas. Please telephone the Birch Visas office on 020 7240 0554.